· Prefiling: Begins the first Monday after the general election preceding the next regular legislative session, or within 30 days prior to any special session. Prefiling for the 87th legislature will open on November 9, 2020
· Texas legislators assume office at the beginning of the legislative session, which starts at noon on the second Tuesday in January in the year after the election. The 87th legislature will convene on January 12, 2021.
· 60-day bill filing deadline: March 12, 2021.
· Adjourn Sine Die: The 87th legislature will adjourn on May 31st but the governor has the power to call for a special session lasting 30 days.
· Post-session 20-day deadline for governor to sign or veto: June 20, 2021.
· Effective date (91st day after adjournment): August 30, 2021.